Fall calls for cozy recipes that make you feel warm. When you think of fall dishes, you probably think of things like chili, hearty beef and veggie stew, or tomato basil soup. Well, we found a unique fall recipe we think you should try – Pumpkin Risotto. Read on to learn how to make this sweet and savory dish.
What is Pumpkin Risotto
We know many aren’t used to seeing pumpkin flavors outside of bakery items and coffeehouse drinks, but this dinner dish is just a yummy as your favorite pumpkin spice latte. Pumpkin risotto is a creamy, one-pot dish that’s full of flavor and doesn’t take much to make. In fact, it only calls for a few ingredients. Check them out below.
Pumpkin Risotto Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1/4 cups Arborio rice
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar (substitution)
- 2 leaves fresh sage (more for garnishing)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 – 2 cups water — (alternatively skip the water and use chicken broth instead, but just don’t let the chicken flavor overpower the other flavors)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
You might also like: How To Take Care Of Your Tires
Pumpkin Risotto Instructions
- Grab a deep saucepan and melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for two to three minutes.
- Add rice and cook for one minute, stirring continuously.
- Add apple cider vinegar and cook until it is absorbed.
- Add the chicken broth 1/2 cup at a time and cook until it is absorbed.
- Add water 1/4 cup at a time, stirring frequently. When you’ve added 1 1/2 cups of water, check that the rice is tender. If it isn’t, continue adding water.
- When the rice is tender and creamy, add the pumpkin puree. Stir it in and cook the dish for an additional minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and stir it in.
- Let it cool for 3-5 minutes and serve this dish warm.
- You can serve it topped with the remaining cheese and add fresh sage leaves for some extra flavor.
- Dig in and enjoy!
If you need a new vehicle to pick up all of your ingredients from the grocery store, contact one of our friendly representatives at Mike Shaw Toyota. We’ll help you find a set of wheels with plenty of cargo space.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.