Nothing says Texas quite like a delicious rack of barbecued ribs! Hearty meat, a fantastic BBQ rub, creamy sauce, and slow grilling all come together to create a delectable taste that will leave everyone wanting more! Check out this recipe for Texas Style Baby Back Ribs for a delicious, fall-off-the-bone meal that is packed with flavor and ready to impress even the pickiest of BBQ lovers.
What You Need
- 2 Racks of Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 1-4 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
For The BBQ Rub
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons of Garlic Pepper
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons of Lemon Pepper
- 1 & 1/2 Teaspoons of Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons of Black Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Seasoning Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Thyme
- 1/2 Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Grated Orange Rind
You might also like: Enjoy A Meal At Sunset At Snoopy’s Pier
What You Do
- Completely cover the ribs in a light coat of mustard. You can cover all of the sides, or just cover the top – the choice is yours!
- Place all of the BBQ rub ingredients together in one bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the BBQ rub evenly over the ribs. Use your hands to mix the BBQ rub into the mustard.
- Wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and place them inside your refrigerator for a couple of hours before cooking. This is great to do the day before so they can marinate all through the night!
- Heat up your charcoal grill with the coals all at once. Your goal is to heat your grill’s ambient temperature to 225°F.
- Put the ribs (still wrapped in aluminum foil) on the grill side without the hot cols underneath.
- Cover the grill and and let the ribs cook for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, remove the ribs from the grill and unwrap the aluminum foil.
- Pour the rest of the BBQ rub mixture over the ribs then place them back on the grill, uncovered.
- Leave to cook like this for 10 minutes. Turn the ribs over and let them cook for another 10 minutes.
- Take the ribs off of the grill and wrap in aluminum foil again. Let them sit like this for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap the ribs and serve with your favorite BBQ sauces and sides!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.